Thursday, April 3, 2008

information night details

The Story Behind the Samuel Hill 5 Nonviolent Direct Action

Thursday April 17th at 7:30pm

Borderlands Co-op
2 Minona St, Hawthorn
( Melways Ref. 45 E11 )
SUPPER PROVIDED

"In June 2007, five Christian peace activists (Sarah Williams, Simon Reeves, Carole Powell, Krystal Spencer and Simon Moyle) walked onto a military base during Australia/US war games in Shoalwater Bay Military Training Area in central QLD. They played frisbee with the troops, calling them to trade in their war games for peace games, before being arrested for trespassing. Come and hear the story of how this action was planned, what happened there and how they're approaching the upcoming trial."

In connection with:
Peace Convergence
Christian Activist Network

1 comment:

Adele Goldie said...

Hello Simon, Adele Goldie here. I'm writing to you via this blog as I don't seem to have your email address.

Thank you very much for your thoughtful letter. I am sorry that it has taken so long for me to reply. Thank you for your support and kindness and yes I did feel that people were praying for me. I might just have to stay in prison again so I get more prayer. Only joking. But the feeling of many people praying for you is powerful.

So your trial in Yeppoon will be coming up very soon. Have you been in contact with any of the locals? hows everything going?
If you would like to send an email that reaches the yeppoon community ask Sue McBurnie to put it out on her list for you suziemcb@cqnet.com.au
Steve bishopric will also be helpful steve@shoalwaterbay.org
Do you need billets? would you like a local media list?
I'm not on the computer much at the moment so could you send me a text message or ring in the morning (0439 3535 87)if you would like me to get in contact with steve and sue.
I think your action was a great one. I'm inspired by it. Beautiful work. Thanks again for your support for PG. Blessings Adele